Saturday, July 22, 2006

I Should Get up at 2:00 a.m. more often

because I was full of energy today.

I have been going nonstop since I went outside at 6:00 a.m. and began removing a few Shasta daisies. By 6:45 a.m. an idea popped into my head.

Why not remove a bunch of plants and make a stepping stone path? Hmmmmm.....I dug for three hours and removed all of this


I think it was 7 wheelbarrow loads. By that time it was 9:00 a.m. & DH was up and dressed. I dragged him outside to spring my idea on him. Luckily he agreed and I ran inside to clean up just enough to look decent and we went off to buy the stepping stones. We just guessed that 12 would be the amount we needed (actually he said 10 and I said maybe we should go with 12). Guess how many we ended up needing?

Yup, that's right. 12. Exactly. LOL. I love being right.

Since the concrete with the little stones embedded is very heavy DH actually laid the path and leveled off the area.


I did not get to sit around while he did that. I got a bucket of water with soap and bleach and cleaned the white table/chairs way down at the end of the borders. It's always dirty.

When he had it all laid, I replanted a few things, hosed it all down and stood back and admired. He did a good job.


I had NO IDEA when I got up this morning that I would have a walking path by afternoon! I just love it. I must have walked it a dozen times already.

I had planned on making sweet & sour pork chops for dinner, but by the time I came inside (4:00 p.m.) there was no time or energy for that.

On the spur of the moment I called my Mom and Dad and had them over for burgers on the grill. I had the burgers all made into patties with onions and seasoning so it was no work at all since DH did the grilling.

So here it is 9:11 p.m. and I have not even had a nap. I am getting pretty tired though and my muscles are a little sore. I think I will have a little ice cream and then go to bed.

10 comments:

  1. Nice path! You've been busy today, so you'll probably sleep well tonight!
    How nice you are able to have both your Mom & Dad for dinner. Bet they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about hyperactive - you really are a worldbeater, Zoey. Path really looks great and I'm sure it was needed so that you have easier access to that large garden. Very well done, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started reading your blog this spring and summer and you are quite inspiring. Your stepstone path is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-look at that path. I love winding paths. I have one to the side of my front door. It's nice to think of something and getting it accomplished the same day.
    What kind of vitamins are you taking? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, Alice, Dianne and welcome to amherstonian. Thank you for the kind words.
    I really did need this path to get to the inner areas of this big border.
    LOL, Dianne. No vitamins. I quit taking them when I stopped exercising every day at the gym. Somehow I got out of the habit. I really should start again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoey, I love your new path it makes your lovely garden even more intresting. Your husband must really be a good sport.

    You are very blessed to be able to spend time with both your parents.

    Eating ice cream at bedtime..
    Life doesn't get any better:)

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a day! I love your new path.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The path must be a great way to both enjoy and work in your border! It looks super. Congratulations on your superior stepping stone calculations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What hard work you have been doing. But what great beauty you are creating everywhere! I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always wondered if DH was an early riser like you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...