Thursday, August 31, 2006

Remember the Coal Thing I Bought at the Farmer's Market?

Can you find it?

Yes, it became the perfect holder for that big begonia on the table. I love it!

The big canna (called Tropicana) has finally begun to bloom.

This particular view shows a lot of orange. I hope it's not too harsh for all those eyes that are used to light pink and light purple. :)

Here's a better (and less orange) view of the canna


The deck is looking very nice right now even though the large hanging plants refuse to rebloom. I swept off the scattered plant debris after work today and washed off the glass tables. Once I threw the quilts and pillows on, it was looking pretty good for the 1st of September. I should get another good month out of it.

It felt so nice sitting out there in the late afternoon sun. Now that the sun has set, it's pretty cool and I had to put a jacket on. I am going to check the weather channel to see if it's going to rain tonight. If it is, I will have to go out and bring them all back in.

I hope everyone is enjoying their last few hours of August.

9 comments:

  1. Your deck looks so inviting. We're in the 90's here, so no sweaters for us.
    Our hills are terribly dry, but we won't get rain for a month or so I'd guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuuuute coal thing !!! looks great like that . What a find .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, is this your dry season? We had hardly any rain in July. I much prefer rainy days.

    Welcome one crabapple. Love that moniker! Are you crabby? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a colorful place to sit so cheery! I love the way you co-ordinated the cushions with the colors of the flowers! Well done! The white painted furniture so clean looking I love it all!A cottage feel for sure!(I visit Michigan frequenly have friends there and love the shopping at SOMMERSET!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the coal bucket on the table!
    Our tomatoes look like yours-lack of watering on our part. I do know how to grow veggies, but DH isn't willing to do as I request with the soil, so he gets little dried up tomatoes.
    And your deck looks so colorufl as stated above-beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That second picture sure does have a lot of orange. (Ow, my eyes! Haha, just kidding.)

    Great photos. Great deck. So long as it stays dry, you will be able to enjoy it for a bit yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your different colours together. I'd like to try Canna someday also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naturegirl, you noticed that! I certainly did plan the colors to coordinate with the color of flowers I was going to plant. It was a fun winter project. It took WAY more time than I had planned, but that's OK. I am enjoying the quilts enough to justify the time spent.

    Hi Dianne, Mine were well watered. I think they may have liked a bit more sun. Who knows????

    Karen, I should have posted a warning to put the sunglasses on! I am really into the bright clashing colors the past few years.

    Maria,
    when I first started gardening, I did not like cannas at all. Now I just LOVE them. It's strange how our gardening tastes change. I find them very easy to grow in containers. When I first tried them, I planted them in the ground and in the shade and (of course) had no success at all. They do like sun and TONS of water. But give them a try, I think you will enjoy them...make sure to pick one with an interesting leaf because it take about 3 months before they bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Autumn flower arrangements Zoey! I forget what fall flowers I`ve planted at the moment in my front garden, but there is hopefully a few because there`s lots that look like they`re still on the way to blooming.
    Can`t wait to get that darn back patio done so next year I can have some nice potted flowers on it.

    tea who is only looking at a few blogs this morning and then remembering to BALANCE lol
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...