The colours are certainly gorgeous...mine are just about ready to open so can't wait!! I just have a couple of the plants, though, in my front flowerbed but plan on getting lots more.
Your gardens are looking absolutely glorious. Love those iris and forgot to say I think the pink one in the post below is wonderful. What a beautiful soft pink and lilac combination it is. I like the size too. I have some later iris just budding. What's the purple groundcover? Is it bugleweed?
I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.
I am so glad you stopped by to visit my garden. I garden in lower northern Michigan (zone 5) in far less than ideal conditions. I have too many pine trees, too much shade, too many rocks, herds of hosta-munching deer and rabbits who think my lilly buds are gourmet appetizers. I am by no means an expert in horticulture or garden design--just an amateur with a shovel and a passion. My garden changes daily during the summer and I will be updating frequently.
During the winter months, I blog about my favorite cold-weather hobby--quilting and just my everyday musings.
I hope you enjoy your visit, and that you will come back soon.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
-
Scalloped potatoes are a great accompaniment to ham or sausage. If you want
it to be a meal in one dish, just cut up left over ham and add to the
potatoes ...
FRIDAY THIS N THAT-FALL IS FALLING-READY OR NOT
-
I don't know about
where you live
but I can feel
Fall in the air.
I noticed some of our trees have leaves
that are tinged with color.
Remember befor...
Arrow Rock while camping at MRVSEA grounds
-
We took off for MRVSEA Campgound. Stayed 3 nights. Just some down time.
Love the snap on gas grill. The blacksmith made sausage Patties and butter
gril...
-
No school today....
it warmed up a bit....
so off we went...
just what we all needed....
before the temperatures drop and possible ice...
we went down...
“On that which is well built…”
-
Even though my grandfather David Augustus passed away when I was three
weeks shy of my sixth birthday, I’ve always felt a particularly strong
affinity with...
Time Goes ...
-
Where has the time gone? I cannot believe it has been so long since
my last posting. Life happens though and sometimes you have
other things on your min...
2015 in review
-
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for
this blog. Here’s an excerpt: A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people.
This blog...
The Choices We Make
-
I have often wondered why I have chosen the color orange for several of my
daylilies, but today as I was taking some photos, I realized the orange
tones re...
Safely In the Arms of Jesus
-
Hello all,
My lovely wife Patrica J. Cerasa, lost her fight with ovarian cancer at
12:34 PM yesterday and went safely to the arms of Jesus and all of those ...
Waiting for Dinner
-
More Heron shots from FL. This Heron was standing right at the edge of a
breakwater. He barely moved as I walked past him several times. He was
so inte...
What heavenly colours. Your whole garden looks so lush and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThe colours are certainly gorgeous...mine are just about ready to open so can't wait!! I just have a couple of the plants, though, in my front flowerbed but plan on getting lots more.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely sea of purple:)
ReplyDeleteYour gardens are looking absolutely glorious. Love those iris and forgot to say I think the pink one in the post below is wonderful. What a beautiful soft pink and lilac combination it is. I like the size too.
ReplyDeleteI have some later iris just budding.
What's the purple groundcover? Is it bugleweed?
Thanks, ladies.
ReplyDeleteThis time of the year I have almost nothing but purple.
Yes, Kerri, that is bugleweed (ajuga). I really like ajuga. Even when not in flower, I like the purplish foliage.