Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Vodka Slush Was a Big Hit

It tastes much better after you add the 7-up. So the two things I thought had flopped turned out to be the best two things I made--the fudge and the slush. Go figure!

Here we are (me, my sisters and my Mom) sampling the slush before everyone else arrived. I just used my green wine glasses and did not bother rimming with sugar.

We all thought it was quite delish.

Here is Christina winning the first bingo prize. Note that she also has a glass of the vodka slush. She thinks she looks like she had a little too much of it in this picture, but I think she looks quite beautiful. We had fun with the bingo game.


Here are a bunch of us partaking in the varied appetizers that everyone brought. We had a veggie tray, BBQ cocktail franks, meatballs, hot wings, cheese dip, hot chili dip, shrimp --way more than we could eat. Do notice that just about everyone has a glass of slush. I will certainly make it again.


Here is me and my tall elf helper. He was indispensable during the early afternoon when I thought I would be resting, but still had a ton of things to do. I really could not have gotten it all done without him.
After everyone left we opened our gifts. I LOVE my new computer chair. I am sitting in it right now as I type this.
All in all, the day was a success. It was great to see all the family members I don't see very often. We had just one little child--my two year old great nephew. It's too bad I don't have a pic of him because he's awfully cute! He's my only brother's grandson. I have a picture of my brother below. I have to make two posts since I've used up all my photo space on this one.

Darn Blogger won't let me post any more pictures, so brother, Jeff, must remain faceless. It's getting past my bedtime anyway so I guess that's it for tonight.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Zoey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Zoey it looks like y'all had so much fun you have a very happy looking family.

    So glad everything turned out great hits.

    I'll be celebrating today with my family. (My middle son's name is Jeff.)

    Merry Christmas
    Pat

    How tall is your DH?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat,
    DH is 6'3" and I am a bit over 5 feet. He's good to have around because he can reach everything I can't. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say something about your DH's height too! Mine is about 4" taller than me.
    I'm jealous because you have two sisters and a new computer chair-I think I know what I'm getting with the moola my father-in-law gave me.
    Glad your slush was a success. It looks good too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...