Friday, October 13, 2006

My Little Treasures, (continued)

Blogger is finally allowing me to post more pictures.
Judging from the shape of this casserole dish, it must be from the 1950's. I just love it, too (I love them all, LOL). There are few things I love more than collecting dinnerware...DH comes in a close second.... JUST KIDDING, my little darling (after I go to bed, he winds down on the compter and will probably wander in here and read this).


It has the little candle warmer holder. On the bottom it says, "Pasedena Florence Ceramic company, California." I could not get a clear pic of it. Last spring I tried searching for info on it, but could not find a thing. Maybe one of you are a collector and know something about it.

I love my treasures even more when I have a little info about them.

This Moorcroft flower vase is truly beautiful. I know a little bit about this one as it came from a now deceased family member. I am not sure how old it is. I can account for about 35 years of family ownership, but beyond that, I don't know.


I actually use this vase all the time. I think this one has a little value.
But it does not matter to me how valuable they are. I like the 25 cent garage sale find as much as the hundred(s) dollar vase. Although I would certainly cringe a bit more if I dropped the vase. :)

6 comments:

  1. I like the vase a lot, too. I don't have much room to collect anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some wonderful old pieces and I just wish I knew more about antiques! I go to a lot of antique shops whenever I can and I must say have never seen any of the pieces you've been posting...I'll certainly keep an eye out for them though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of that vase...it's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the vase!
    My brother would love your casserole dish. He has a few pieces of Franciscanware. I have some of their Autumn Leaves dishes I use for Thanksgiving sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah, don't drop that vase! You'd have to spend a pretty penny to replace it. (I am very, very envious of your Moorcroft vase. I think the stuff is so beautiful.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoey,
    Do you use Firefox? It is much more compatable with blogger than IE is. I didn't know all this until one of our friends emailed me and asked how I post all those pics in one post...
    Between the two of us, we figured out there were issues between the Microsoft browser and Blogger!!
    Try Firefox! It's a lot faster, too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...