Saturday, October 21, 2006

I've Had a VERY Productive Day Today

This morning I did my usual weekend inside work (scrub floors, etc.). I also spent over 1/2 hour up on a ladder cleaning the kitchen chandelier. It was sticky and greasy and took way too long to clean because I let it go too long. Lesson learned.

In the early afternoon I went outside and decided to cut down most of the flower foliage in the front part of this bed. I almost always leave it until spring. But I am getting overloaded during the spring, so I decided to do as much as I can get done this fall.



I left the Sedum Autumn Joy because it's still looking pretty good. Here I go raving about it again, but it's been going strong since the end of August. What other flower gives so much for so long?

After I got tired of cutting down foliage, I went behind my garden to see what was happening back there. This is an old railroad track behind my rockwall.


I found some milkweed growing next to the tracks.




I used to be able to walk down the tracks for miles, but they are too overgrown now to walk very far. Huge trees grow right up the middle of them. In fact, the majority of the tracks have been removed.
It was pretty interesting, though, since I have not been back there in a couple of years.

I cooked a nice beef roast dinner. As soon as I clean up the kitchen, I am going to relax for the remainder of the evening.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Just checking to see if comments are working. I was just at Giddy's and left a very long comment and the silly blogger kicked me out...GRRRRRR..........maybe it's because Giddy has the new Blogger??? Anyway, Giddy, if you come here, your soup looks DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zoey, I'm not a big fan of sedum but I have to say that yours looks pretty wonderful. Maybe I should rethink it for the garden. TWT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feels good to get things done and out of the way doesn`t it. That sedum still looks spectacular! And those apple muffins sound good.
    That was a nice compliment from the unknow commenter. I`m sticking everything in one post here because my darn internet is so slow but I love reading your blog :)

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zoey, I don't think the new blogger has anything to do with you getting kicked out because all of your other comments have been coming through nicely. By the way, the soup was very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really impressed with your Autumn Joy and will definitely plant some next spring. I found a friend who offered me some of hers. Yah!
    I'm glad you've been able to get some cleanup work done. It's much too wet and soggy here. Cold too!
    These fall pictures are just beautiful Zoey! You have such a pretty property and work hard to keep it that way. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...