Monday, October 2, 2006

Black Allium


Update: I got home from work today and it was 74 degrees outside. A beautiful day to finish painting the allium. Now it's ready when I am. I wish I had some orange spray paint. TWT mentioned that they might look neat for a Halloween centerpiece. I will have to remember that for next year.


While I had the can of black spray out, I painted some of the allium skeletons and the branches that were out on the woodland table. The branches had been sitting outside all summer and needed a fresh coat.
I am sure the allium heads will be finding their way on to the dining table in different centerpieces during the winter. I already have them in mind for a black/peach table.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea Zoey. Yes it would be a great winter accent but I also see it in a terrific halloween/autumn display or something magical and glittery for new years eve. I'm going to go to my garden now and try and think out of the box. LOL. Thanks for the inspiration. TWT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how you use them with the peach color..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous ornament the allium make! You always have such great ideas of what to do with flowers, even after they're done!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME, Zoey!! I have bought four bags of allium, after you convinced me how wonderful they are!! When can I plant 'em??!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...