Monday, October 23, 2006

Care for some Finger Food?

Yum, yum. Don't these just make your mouth water?
No, I did not make these. I doubt that I would be able to eat them -- you know how I am about germs under the fingernails-- (grin)
In case anyone is brave enough here is the recipe:
Frightful Finger Cookies
If you've ever had suspicions about folks who do dental work, this recipe from the American Association of Orthodontists should confirm them.

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tube green food coloring
1 tube red decorating gel
1/4 cup almond slices
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Beat together butter, sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla. Slowly beat in the flour, baking powder and salt. Add drops of green food coloring to dough until you achieve a nice deep green color.

Divide the dough into four equal parts, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Take one quarter of the dough at a time from the refrigerator. Break off one heaping teaspoonful and roll it into a finger shape. Squeeze in around the middle of the finger to create a knuckle shape. Then, using a butter knife, make indents in several places to resemble a finger. Repeat with rest of dough.
Place cookies on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool. Then, squeeze red decorating gel onto the tip of each finger and gently press an almond sliver on top so the gel oozes out from underneath.

Remove cookies from baking sheets and let them cool on wire racks.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those are funny. I think my son's teacher would have a fit if we sent them to school though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those would be great for my daughter's Halloween party next week. Someone else is bringing the kitty litter cake (have you seen that one?)
    I need something sorta ghoulish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome...we just had a Halloween birthday party for Hannah (my oldest) yesterday...they would have been so cool. I did have oreo spiders though..oh and "eyeball/bug" punch. LOL Check out my blog for some pictures. Thanks for the recipe Zoey.

    Taracotta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, if they have a Halloween party, then I think these would be perfect. Kids would love them.

    Sue,Last year I posted a picture and the recipe for the kitty litter cake. That is another thing I would not eat, but it would be good for Halloween.

    Taracotta, I will have to head over to your site to see your goodies. I love it when people post stuff like this that they have actually made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frightfull funny :) I wonder if they taste good.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...