Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Valentine Quilt

This is my scrappy hearts valentine's Day quilt. Each year I get it out in February.

This year I am kicking around the idea of using it for a tablecloth for a pink Valentine's table. If you ever look at decorating magazines, you have almost certainly seen quilts used as tablecloths.

They are not very practical for that purpose.

Try to balance a glass of liquid on a quilted cloth...not very easy to do. You must use a good stiff placemat on top of the quilt to set the glasses, etc.

Really I would only suggest using a quilt as a tablecloth, if you aren't going to actually eat at the table. . . you just want the romantic ambience a quilt-covered table gives.

OK, so I have probably just talked myself out of using it in the dining room. I will have to see if I find the energy this week to play around with the idea. I do have pink dinner plates..........it would be fun to see if I can create something with them.....

Tomorrow I have my root canal. That may be all the excitement I can handle for this week. :)



3 comments:

  1. this is super cute and I don't even like pink. but I like the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a big glass table topper to weigh your lovely quilt down.
    The root canal will go fine and you'll feel much better. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt Zoey..I'm just starting to get into making quilts. My first one is a rail fence one..they say that's one of the easiest ones to do. I'll post it on my blog when I'm done. I'm so excited to get started on it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...