Friday, January 20, 2006

Thalassa Cruso



I am beginning to get the urge to read garden books. It happens every year in January or February.

One of my favorite garden writers was the late Thalassa Cruso.

I found her book, To Everything There is a Season, at a used book store a few years ago. It is full of informative and reminiscent essays.

My favorite book of hers is, Making Things Grow Outdoors, but I can't seem to find it.You can feel her passion for her gardens with each chapter.
I thought I owned it, but maybe it was a library book. Before the computer came into my life, I used to get armloads of books every week from the library.

I miss that.

3 comments:

  1. I don't seem to get enough reading done these days either, especially since I started blogging. I LOVE to visit the library. The urge to read garden books and magazines is creeping over us too. My husband read your post (I had to show him your pics) and said yeah...I've had that urge lately too. I love your picture of the books. I've been reading previous posts and appreciate the soup recipe and the idea for the coffee cans. Clever! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read much of Thalassa, either, but what I have read (a library book, alas) I also really enjoyed. Zoey, you seem to like organizing things, so I wonder if you would like LibraryThing.com. It is super easy to register for and it lets you catalog 200 of your books for free. You just type in the ISBN and it pulls all the bibliographic informatio off the internet. I just catalog my gardening books. The fun part (for me)is you get to see who else has the same books you have. Of course, if you think it's nobody's business what books you have, you can make your account private. But if you want to see my gardening library go to : http://www.librarything.com/catalog/ColdClimateGardening

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kathy. I will have to check that out tomorrow (my eyes are getting 'putered out tonight)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...