Sunday, January 22, 2006

It's not going to be as quick as I thought

Early this morning I turned the heart blocks into log cabin blocks.

I originally thought I wanted the logs (all the strips around the center) in bright colors--but I would have had to go dig through my boxes of fabric, find 3-4 different fabrics in 4 different bold colors, iron it all, and cut it into 1.5" strips. Too much work.

Instead I used light and dark green fabrics that I already had cut from another project.

After completing all five, I decided I did not like them. I wanted sunny, put-the-sunglasses-on bright fabrics. They were too dull.

I threw them aside and did other things. Early this afternoon I decided to do this

Yes, I ripped them all out. I decided better to rip out than to paper-piece new hearts.

Oh, by the way, did you notice what I use to rip out stitches?

Cuticle scissors. I have found them to be the perfect tool for the unpleasant task. The curved tips make it easy to snip the tiny stitches.

I spent quite a bit of time getting the fabrics, ironing and rotary cutting them. I did cut a lot of extra strips so I will have plenty for other projects.

I checked the clock before starting to piece. It took exactly 1.75 hours to sew them back together.

Get your sunglasses on because here they are


I like them much better now. It took awhile, but it was a pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. Aww, they turned out really great! Nice and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they won't look washed out on your deck on a bright sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the bright colors made all the difference! Sorry you have to do some ripping though. (I do it all the time with my cross stitching).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...