Sunday, January 15, 2006

Cheeseburger Soup Recipe

Kathy asked for the recipe.
As I told Kathy in her comment, I had intended to post the recipe, but was too lazy to type it all out. So I went to the net and found it at this site:

http://www.recipesource.com/soups/soups/cheeseburger1.html

I actually saw a lady on FoodTV (years ago) who had won some contest with the recipe.
She suggested garnishing it with sweet pickle relish, diced onions and diced tomoatoes (stuff you would put on a cheeseburger). I was out of tomatoes, but I did put the relish & onion on mine. (DH hates the relish in his).



Cheeseburger Soup

Recipe By : Taste of Home Oct/Nov '96
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00


Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 c chopped onion
3/4 c shredded carrots
3/4 c diced celery
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
4 tbsp butter or margarine -- divided
3 c chicken broth
4 c diced peeled potatoes
1/4 c all-purpose flour
8 oz processed American cheese -- cubed
1 1/2 c milk
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 c sour cream

In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In the same
saucepan, saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1
tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add
broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, in a
small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5
minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir
for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper;
cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; blend in sour
cream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I used only about two cups of potatoes, I doubled the burger and I omitted the sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...