Monday, May 16, 2005

Today was the first day of my vacation and I did not even go outside - still too cold here with a high of 53 º today. My day was very productive though not terribly exciting. I did a few of those household chores that I never seem to find the time for when I am working. Things like washing the bathroom walls and dusting the vent on the ceiling--Like I said, it was not exciting but it does feel good to have it done.

I quilted a bit on the denim quilt and think I am about half way done. This quilt is so much heavier (because of the denim) than my last one. It feels soooooooo good to snuggle under on these cold days. I think it may end up being my favorite for the winter season.

I stood in my computer room window and took this picture to show you the hostas beginning to come up in this little sitting area in my front yard. I hope that I will be able to show it to you again in a few weeks with the full size plants. I have many (40 maybe?) hostas in this area. I am afraid the deer with eat them as they have everything else. I am so discouraged this year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zoey!
    I went through your old webpages last night and I do believe you missed your calling, unless you just enjoy gardening for yourself. : )
    I would love to know how you keep your flowers so lush. I did see where you said you watered them daily. Do you pinch them back a lot or give them plant food too?
    Glad you liked my windowbox and clematis.
    I look forward to seeing more photos of your lovely yard and deck.
    Darn deer! I know how frustrating that can be, but they mainly go for the veggies here-crossing fingers.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...