Thursday, July 21, 2005

A Toast to Gardeners Everywhere

I am feeling much better about the garden today. Things look better now that I have cut down most of the offending dying and flopping plants. I swept the debris off the deck, watered everything and moved a few containers around and now it looks just fine to me.

In fact I poured a glass of wine and relaxed on the bench and took it all in.

And then I poured a second glass........hmmmmmmm........maybe that is why it all looks so much better tonight!

I raise my glass to gardeners everywhere who are enduring the agonies of late July gardening. May we all remember:

"Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration." ~Lou Erickson


7 comments:

  1. So how do you quilt with those nails, Zoey? Very pretty! And the flowers are pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Zoey! I think I will join in with a glass of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's plan cocktails at 7 tonight to celebrate the weekend. Oh, and everyone bring along your shovel....we might as well dig out some more of those orange daylilies just to work up a thrist!

    Sabine, no problems quilting except for getting a metal thimble on. I finally switched to a leather one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!

    Y'all may start later than we do in Houston, but he flowers catch up and then some, don't they!

    I'm into the vegetation part of summer, where mostly my tropical plants are putting on huge leaves and new stems. I still have some day lillies, the hibiscus and the morning glories...

    Happy Gardening

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nan, What a beautiful site.
    You are the woman!!! You must be every man's dream. You get more done in one day than I get done in a week. Auntie Mary

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...