Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Is Being Home All Day A Good Thing????

I am in a dangerous mood--suddenly I want to change everything in my house. I have been living with the same furniture for over 10 years now and am just SICK of it. My living room is flowery. Today I made a new valance for the living room to try to reduce the "floweriness" (the old valance was flowered). It took about 4 hours from start to finish. The room needs to be painted, and I had that in the back of my mind to do while I was off work. I just have not been inspired to actually do it yet (painting walls/trim is not a favorite task of mine). After I got the valance up, I decided that I just could not stand my glass-top coffee table for another minute. Oh, what to do instead?

I have the basement from He**. It is stuffed to the gills with junk. I never know what I might find down there that I have forgotten about. I knew I had some old end tables that have been sitting for 10 years (when the flowered sofas came in, the end tables went out). I also knew I saved a round tabletop from who-remembers-where? I lugged both upstairs (they were heavy, too). When I took the drawer out of the table, I was surprised to find a real treasure--my very first garden journal which has little snipets of info and drawings of what I planted where. I did not have much time to look at it, but am looking forward to spending some time later doing so. I may be able to find out what some of the plants are that I have forgotten. I even had the seed packets from the Sweet William I originally planted in 1988. Those flowers are still going strong today (that is what I picked this morning to put in my basket). I sure got my money's worth out of those three 94-cent packages. There were also little quilts, a valance, a coaster--all sorts of treasures! It does come in handy to have such a full basement -- when I am in the mood for change, I just go down there and start pulling stuff out. A much cheaper fix than going out and buying new.

2 comments:

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...