Thursday, February 23, 2006

Change Case in Word

Kerri made this comment to the post below:

I wish there was a way to change the text back into lower case or vise versa. That would be handy.

After answering her in the comment section, I decided I should post it here because I think many others probably are unaware of how to change a whole bunch of text from upper case to lower case (or vice versa).

Just highlight the text you want to change
on the Format menu,
click Change Case.

After you click, Change Case, you will have the option of upper or lower case and a few others. Just click whichever one you want and,like magic, all of the text you highlighted will be changed at one time.

Not sure how far back in word this works--at least Word 2000 and above.


  1. Zoey if you email me at calidore_home at I will work out a way to send that shoe pincushion pattern to you if you want it.


    PS thanks for the computer/word tips. There is always someone who knows how to do something different.

  2. Good to know. I always like to learn new tips for Word. I'm still giddy about the sorting function!

    And don't even get me started about Excel!!

  3. Calidore, How very nice of you! I will do that.

    Sylvana, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Excel! It is amazing what that program can do once you learn how to tell it to do it...that is the tough part...I have taken a class or two in Excel because I use it a lot at work.

  4. Thanks Zoey, for the great tip. Great to know! I have Office 98, so I'll check and see if I can do that. I'm glad I stopped in!
    I left an answer to your questions about clematis on my blog but if you email me at, I'd be happy to email it to you.


I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...