Thursday, November 23, 2006

In Michigan we can give thanks


for BEAUTIFUL weather today.
I have everything under control and thought I would go outside and trim my shrubs. If you remember, I was waiting to do it so I could use the foliage. I decided to redo the wreath I make a few weeks ago. I had to make it more Christmasy looking.

I left most of the dried weeds and the bow in place. Then I needed to figure out a quick easy method to secure the branches. I went down to basement and saw this hanger already twister for some other need. I grabed it and wrapped it around the floral foam.


It will work. I know, I know, that orange is not exactly in the color scheme. But don't worry, you won't even see it when I'm done.


I secured it by just twisting around the back. Then I took my branches and removed a few inches of greens so I could shove them into the dry foam. I grabbed a branch, used my gloved hand to pull off the bottom greenery and stuck it in the foam. It took about 15 minutes.

Then I added the few weeds I had removed and it was done.





I will be using some of the other branches for inside decorating this weekend. For now they will sit in the bucket of water and absorb as much moisture as they can before I bring them in the house.

Off now to get the bird in the oven!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! A new "twist" on a classic favourite. Love the heart shape and all your choices to adorn it. Just don't know where you find the time and energy to do all that you do. TWT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it sound so easy to do but I know mine wouldn't look half as nice as yours! lol It's so beautiful!!! You always have such great ideas and for that I thank you:-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...