Tuesday, May 22, 2007

How Many 2:00 P.M.'s on a Tuesday are there in One Year?

52.

Maybe 53 if it's a leap year and Feb. 29 falls on a Tuesday.

How many Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m. am I not at work?

4.

That's it. Just 4.

I thought about that as I came out of the library just before 2:00 p.m. today and had one hour before my nail appointment.


I drove to the small boat harbor which is near the library.

I turned around and stopped at Toddler's Park. As the name implies, it's a park for toddler's to play in.
I glanced around and nobody was there. I remember my son loving to go to Toddler's Park. I think I pushed him on this exact swing set. Everything else seemed to be different, but I really think this swing set is the same.


Where are all the mothers with toddlers? I think they are all working.


I open one of my books to read until it's time to go to my appointment.

I can't concentrate on my book because I keep thinking about a world where there are no mothers left to push their toddlers at 2:00 p.m. on a Tuesday afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. When we took our grandchildren to the park, we almost never saw Moms (or Dads) Almost always it was Grandmas and Grandpas. 2PM is often naptime for both Grandma and grandchild
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good point, Zoey...I've noticed too that there are hardly ever any parents at the park with their children in the afternoons. Today's society is made with both parents working. I was a stay at home mom and I loved bringing my boys to the park..I wouldn't have changed that for the world!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like naptime to me! Or rather, naptime FOR me...i am currently trying to lay down and rest while my toddler wreaks havoc during her enforced 'naptime' hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they are all in "mommy and me" toddler programs. It's not enough just to take them to the park anymore. You need to enhance them with stories and swimming and gymboree. Their little lives are all organized.

    But then again, they could all just be taking a nap. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...