Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Remember those Sunflower Seeds I Planted in late May?

There were 6 packages of assorted beauties. I cleared almost the entire south side of the deck so they had plenty of room to grow big and strong.I hauled a couple wheelbarrows of new top soil and spread it all out nice and even. I put a ton of time and effort into this new garden area.

This is what became of the six packages.


Sad, sad, sad.



I cannot tell you how very honored I am that Marie at Thyme for Herbs, recognized me as a friendly, kind and courteous blogger.
The Power of Schmooze Award is for bloggers who “effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship.”


The Thoughtful Blogger Award is for “those who answer blog comments, emails, and make their visitors feel at home on their blogs. For the people who take others’ feelings into consideration before speaking out and who are kind and courteous. Also for those bloggers who spend so much of their time helping other bloggers design, improve, and fix their sites. This award is for those generous bloggers who think of others.”

When I come across a new blog that I like, I really do try to leave a comment to encourage the new blogger. I remember how it felt to think that nobody would want to read my drivel and then how exciting it was to get my first comment and every comment since. It’s still such a thrill to find comments in my mailbox!

I really hope people feel at home here. I realize it’s (if not impossible), at least awkward to answer every single comment (even though I do not get bombarded as some people do), but I try my best to make sure a new commenter is acknowledged. I know it takes courage to leave a comment and I want everyone to know I appreciate the courage, time and effort it took.

So, thank you, Marie. I am so happy that you find my blog a friendly place to hang out for a little while each day or so.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Zoey: Congratulations on your Thoughtful Blogger Award - you certainly deserve it. Yours is the first or second site I check on a daily basis - always informative, entertaining or thought provoking (i.e.) the post about the empty playground.

    London, Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous in Ontario (I do love the sound of saying that--I think it should be the name of a book or something),

    I had to keep saying to myself....empty playground....empty playground....for a moment I thought you had me mixed up with someone else.

    Then I remembered the one with no moms around anymore to take the kids to the park. I felt so good that you remembered that post! Thank you so much. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoey, congratulations on your Thoughful Blogger Award, you are indeed thoughtful both in posting and commenting. (And that is sad about how those sunflowers were so disappointing. Next year, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hang on your every word, Zoey! And you are a kind and thoughtful blogger too. Darn sunflowers. That soil is probably too good for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and how nice to receive such thoughtful awards!
    As for the sunflowers-gee, sometimes they grow for me, sometimes they grow and get eaten. This year I planted my circle garden and on the outside planted the zinnias, cosmos, marigolds and Mexican sunflowers. When they were about a foot tall, I added the sunflowers to the middle section. So far the sunflowers are growing and I am shocked. The above mentioned flowers are close to 5 feet tall and are protecting the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zoey,
    I always look forward to your beautiful posts and am so glad you were honored with this award.. I also remember that playground post and found it quite touching...
    The squirrels have eaten every one of our sunflowers :(
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Zoey! You deserve these awards. You were one of the first bloggers that made me feel welcome in Bloggerland - and I still love coming to visit you and reading your comments when you visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't start my day without a cup of coffee and Zoey in the morning! Congrats on a well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...