Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Hey Little Guy, Nice Antennae!


Whoa! You have to admire that rack on such a little bug. Anybody know what kind of bug it is?

Yesterday my mother-in-law gave me some heuchra.
I don't know where I am going to plant it yet.

I was outside this morning removing all kinds of stuff from the rockwall garden. I am trying to get rid of all the flowers back there except for the spring bloomers--tulips, etc. The rest of the year, I just want foliage plants. This loosestrife is a nice plant back there. Lots of color even when it's not in flower. I split this one in half this morning so I now have two of them.


It's discouraging trying to keep the flowers out of that area. I got fed up with digging and went for the Roundup. I sprayed it in so many areas. I can only imagine what a mess I will have in about 10 days.

After working outside for a couple of hours, I came in to make a veggie pizza to take to an Independence Day BBQ later this afternoon. (Pea, I will save that recipe you gave me for our Labor Day event. I didn't read my comments until last night and I had already bought all the ingredients for this pizza thing.)

And let me tell you, there are a LOT of ingredients to dice. Carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, green pepper, yellow pepper....SHOOT! I just realized I forgot the Vidalia onions!

Oh, well, too late now. I guess I could go out on the deck and get a few chives to add for onion flavor.
It's quite a colorful appetizer.

I hope you all have a great holiday.

This will be my last post until Sunday because I am off for a little adventure.

I will probably have blog withdrawal symptoms!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July to you and yours, dear Zoey! Yummmm that veggie pizza sure looks good!! That bug, my friend, is what we call a Pine Bug! The actual name of it is Black Pine Sawyer. We have those around here and they always give me the creeps with their long antennas! lol Have fun at the get together:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that IS colorful. I have no idea what kind of bug that is, but those antenna have earned my respect, hee hee....I just dropped in from another blog, and enjoyed reading. I'm just an amateur with a shovel and a passion too!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pea, Pine bug? Hmmm, I have a lot of pine trees. Do they hang out around pine trees? I have really never noticed them before.

    Smileymamat, Welcome! Please drop by again.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...