Monday, July 23, 2007

I Don't Know How..........

Yesterday after a trip to Staples to see what cameras were locally available and spending over two hours online investigating the pros/cons of different cameras, I decided (just for kicks) to recharge my old battery again. I had just charged it and put it back in the camera when it stopped working. I thought it was strange that the charger was red (meaning it needed a charge again). I went about scrubbing floors, etc. for a couple of hours. When the light was green, I put the battery in the camera, turned it on and VOILA! It took a picture! I nearly fell off my chair.

I couldn't believe it. I grabbed the camera and ran outside before it decided to stop working again. I took 58 pictures. It is still working just fine.

Go figure.......

Remember the hail storm? Here is how it sliced up the canna leaves.
I have been busy digging out almost everything at this end of the rockwall garden. It was getting too overgrown. I still have more plants to remove. I have sprayed the silver snow-in-summer with roundup--twice so far--it is tough stuff to kill. It's growing mixed with creeping phlox so I decided to get rid of both and start over. Every now and then it's nice to have a clean slate.

I am so amazed at this container. EVERYTHING in it was overwintered. When I pulled the container out from under the house, it looked empty. I started watering it and all of this stuff came up like magic. LOL. I had no idea all those calendula seeds were in there. There is also Elephant's Ear and a canna - I think Picasso, which has neat speckled yellow/orange blooms.
This container was the same - the only thing I planted was the purple trailing fanflower in the front.
I felt like sewing a little yesterday morning and I made this block. I had made the 3-inch turkey center block a while back and I decided to feature him in the middle of a star block.
I have no idea what he will end in--maybe a table runner for Thanksgiving. I wonder if I have any rust-colored dishes...I know I have dusty blue that would match the background.

So it's great to able to take pictures again. I haven't spent much time on the net this weekend. I will get caught up reading blogs this week.

13 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you're back in the picture-taking business !!!
    I'm finally getting some flowerbuds on my butterfly bush here in Pa.Seems awfully late this year for some reason ???
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! I can't believe it. I hope it continues to work. At least you have some ideas about new cameras for the future.
    Your flowers looks great! Bri trambled a few cutting the hedges, so I can't blame the weather. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that 'worry' for nothing! I am so glad it is working for you!
    ((huggers))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me of the time I tried to take pictures and it kept going black. I was so frustrated that I put the camera aside and waited until my husband come home. He pointed out (with a smirk) that I had left the memory card in the computer. Duh!

    The quilt is too cute, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra,
    Isn't that the truth! All week long I was bummed out about it.

    Suzy, I can't tell you how happy I am to have a working camera!

    Dianne, That's true--IF I don't forget it all!

    Marie, Thanks about the quilt. I swear that battery WAS CHARGED! I think taking video maybe did something to mess up the almost- new battery. I better get another one just in case. I am just HAPPY IT IS WORKING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news, Zoey! Your camera takes very good photos, and I hope you get lots more use out of it.

    I like that little turkey, looks good in that block. Our inner clocks must be turning toward fall. I am thinking quilting again, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your turkey square is just adorable! Smacks head-I should have mentioned that earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol all that time spent looking into a new camera! It sounds like the battery just hadn't charged up properly!! Hmmmm I want some of those magical growing container pots! lol They certainly did do well after being winterized!! I so love it when you start on a quilting project...this one would be perfect for Thanksgiving for sure! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I wish we lived close to you I would have come over and dug some of those plants up before you sprayed them for my own garden. Glad your camera is working again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your camera decided to work again. I love the magic container! Can't wait to see the "new" garden space - but looks like a lot of work in the meantime! The quilt piece is very cool. You are a woman of many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you can have containers of plants like that without planting anything, just think what you could have if you really tried ....lol. They look fantastic, as indeed yours always do.

    Glad your camera is still working even if it means you have been deprived of the joy/bother of buying another.

    I have a lot of blog catching up to do, so I must keep going.

    Cheers - Alice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Zoey, since you'd already mentally spent the money for the new camera but now don't have to buy one...doesn't that mean the dough is automatically donated to the plant and garden fund?

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zoey, I "found" some calendula too, they were growing in a pot from last year that was hidden behind some tall catmint. I was surprised to see them and put them out in the sun. Wish I had all those other things you found in your pot, pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...