Wednesday, July 4, 2007

In case I Die, I Cleaned the House

Before going on a trip, do you make sure the place is nice and clean just in case you don't come back?

I spiffed up all the main areas today, just in case. How crazy is that? I mean, really, why should we care?

I guess I lied about the post below being my last until Sunday.

I had a good time at the BBQ, except for the moment when I looked down at the back of my capri-clad ankle and noticed a sizable patch of one-inch long hairs glistening in the sunlight. Why do I always miss that spot!! I couldn't hide it because my sister-in-law happened to have glanced down at the same moment. I made a joking comment to cover my embarrassment. She understood completely. In fact she tossed her leg right up to show me that she had forgotten to shave for the past 5 days. Yes, it was a bonding moment.

One lady made a dessert that was to die for--it tasted just like a Buster Bar Parfait from the Dairy Queen. You will never guess what it was made of-----------ice cream sandwiches! They were layered in a 9 x 12 pan, then some sort of caramel sauce was put on top and probably some other stuff, then another layer of ice cream sandwiches, more sauce and it was topped with peanuts. I have seen this recipe someplace, but can't remember where.

Look at this

That Roundup is sure working quickly! I just sprayed them about 7 hours ago.

8 comments:

  1. I do the same thing, make sure my house is clean before I leave on a trip! lol I've never really thought of why I do that, it's just something I've always done! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time at the BBQ...I think we've all missed a spot shaving our legs one time or another! lol That dessert sounded sooo good...any way of finding out the recipe from that lady who brought it?? The pine bugs live off pine trees...they say if you put your ear to the bark of a pine tree that is infested with them (they gnaw inside the tree) you can hear them eating! Ugh! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clean the house before I leave but not because I might die on the trip. It's because I'd die of embarrassment if my neighbor who is watering the plants saw my usual messy style! Have fun on your adventure, I'll look forward to hearing about it.

    Yikes, that Roundup is some potent stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great adventure! Can't wait to hear about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to(that is before menapause)start at the far end of the house and vacuum each room to the door so that when we came home from vacation and opened the door there would be no footprints on the carpet!...crazy huh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always clean the house thoroughly before leaving on vacation because I'm usually so tired when we get back that the last thing I want to do is clean house! Much nicer to just flop down, breathe a sigh of relief, grateful to be back home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to have a clean-sheets-made-bed to come home to, from a trip.
    Have a grand time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always clean before I leave. I have that recipe in my files if you want it. Just email me!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I clean the house before leaving on a trip because there is nothing that breaks that relaxed, time-off feeling as coming home to a filthy house!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...