Sunday, July 29, 2007

Look What I Found at Joanne's for 70% Off


Some hot pink, purple-soled rubber shoes to walk around the garden when there's a thick coat of dew. I can't believe how comfy they are--right up there with my Crocs.


They came in handy bright and early Saturday morning when DH did his annual washing of the house.

He climbs up a ladder and washes the entire house with a sponge, water and bleach. To me this seems a dreadful job. I bought him a power washer for Christmas with this specific task in mind. He chose not to use it. I guess he enjoys doing this job manually. Live it up, Baby!

I followed behind on the deck to clean the windows before they dried with water spots.

I put my new shoes on, grabbed my rubber gloves, my toothbrush and my bucket of bleach water and went out. As soon as I got outside I made an interesting discovery.





Everything matched! The rubber gloves and toothbrush were almost the exact hot pink color.


Now some of you may be wondering what the toothbrush is for. Well, I have found it the easiest way to clean inside these windows around the metal apparatus. The bleach kills any bits of mold that may be there. It's really a pretty easy task. I did two sets of windows and the sliding door on the deck in less than half an hour.



DH in his big clunky rubber boots and me in my daintly little fashionable rubberettes.

4 comments:

  1. Very pink! Very clean. I don't know that I know of anyone else who washes down their whole house once a year, but if I had white siding, I might do it, too.

    Carol at May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he'll be thankful for that powerwasher one of these years. My mom's neighbor did it to just one side of her two story house in less than 1/2 hour!
    I like your pink rubberettes. I just got some more Croc ripoffs from the Dollar General store in red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh! I love your new pink shoes - and always so nice to have things match like that. We power wash our garage siding every year - with bleach and then detergent - and the stucco on the house would be horrible if it didn't get powerwashed yearly - so I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what powerwashing is but I know you looked lovely doing it! Great bargain on your garden clogs.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...