I was planning last fall to revamp that area where we just put the new path in.
Here is what that area looked like last September:
I was killing off this area in preparation for this year's rejuvenation.
Here it is July 14, 2008:
I'd say it looks much better!
You wouldn't believe how many daylily roots I had to dig out in just the tiny center area where I planted the hostas. . . a whole wheelbarrow load. It was amazing. Every shovel full turned up more daylily roots. I am sure I missed some, but I gave it my best shot. I can only dig down about eight inches in this area before I hit rock.
That is why I have such a difficult time growing anything in these gardens. Most areas on this side are solid rock below 6 - 8 inches. Growing flowers here is nearly impossible, so in the beginning if anything grew, I would plant a ton of it. Now I am paying the price trying to get rid of the invasive stuff I planted way back then.
Gardening is always a challenge. I guess that is why I find it so much fun. How boring if I just planted this area once and never had to revamp it!
My Weekend Goal was to Make a Bench Pillow - I am happy to report that I accomplished that goal!
3 years ago