Sunday, January 14, 2007

Remember those old quilt blocks I bought at the Farmers Market?

You probably don't because I bought them in August of 2005. Here is the post.
Today I finally used 4 of them. I sewed them together just to stick them inside this ceramic shell because I wanted some peachy color to hang down. They were perfect because they even had green in them. I am pretty happy with the result.

After I did that, I decided it was time to cover the wire holding the old TV trays to the wall. I decided to stick with the country fabric theme and took a longish piece of this fabric. I squished it together and tied a bow, then put the bow over the nail head and wrapped the ends around the wire.
I think it turned out great!

Now I'm off to find some other items for the dining room cabinet.

4 comments:

  1. The fabric around the wire holding the tv trays is a clever touch!
    Your green scheme looks very fresh and springy!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to get off my Mac and redecorate a room! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zoey, I have that green cabbage bowl with the cover also! I just went to look for it and don't see it anywhere obvious (like stacked in the china cupboard) but it must be here somewhere. Or maybe I sold it at a garage sale?

    What are those smaller cabbages? Salt and peppers?

    Clever covers for the wire! Just the finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your talent at decorating never ceases to amaze me Zoey! I would have never thought to wrap fabric and make a bow to cover those wires and nails!! It looks terrific! Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...