I embroidered the facial features, used a large rick rack for the arms and added a few button embellishments as well as a flower on his hat.
I think he's cute. Now I just have to figure out how to design a quilt around him as the center block.
This morning I puttered around with it a bit. I added some borders, so it now looks like this:
I have no clue as to what I will do next.
I just got back from Wally's World where I saw my sister, 2 sisters-in-law, MIL, FIL and an uncle. I tell you, Sunday morning at Walmart is a socialite's dream in my town. LOL.
I bought some more clear storage bins for fabric--smaller ones this time for all the one-inch strips I have for log cabin quilts. I really don't seem to be getting anywhere in my quest to organize my fabric. I just keep buying bins, which take up just as much space as the previous boxes. Everything still looks like a big mess.
I've concluded that without a big exclusive space for quilting, I am always going to be living in the midst of a big mess.
That's just the way it is...
My Weekend Goal was to Make a Bench Pillow - I am happy to report that I accomplished that goal!
3 years ago