It's always a thrill to complete a top, but I also feel sort of lost with no project to work on.
Sunday afternoon I took a short walk around to check out the tulips. I found this:
Little stubs with deer tracks near by.
I'm not surprised. They eat them every year. I did run right out and spray what's left with Hinder. At the moment there are still quite a few they have not eaten. We will see if any make it to bloom.
After I tidied up the kitchen tonight, I was struck with an idea for a new project. I still have a lot of fabric out and I thought I would use this "Ella's Rooster" plate as inspiration for a table runner. I pulled out a few pieces of fabric that I thought would match. Then I looked in my new book for one of those 4-inch chicken patterns. I tried to find fabric that somewhat resembled the rooster on the plate and made a block.
Then I rummaged around for some 4-inch star points and combined two blocks to make this star:
I still have to embroider the little legs. I think it has possibilities. The green did not show up as much as I would have liked, but I think if I use a green tablecloth and put the runner down the middle, it will show up more. I don't know just where it's going from this point on. I will probably make a solid center block and then a rooster to face the opposite direction. I will just putter around after work each night and see where it takes me.