Sunday, January 6, 2008

I've been in the Pink (and black) all Week

All last week I puttered with different pink and black blocks and have finished two table runners and started a few of .... hmmmm....who knows what! LOL. Eventually they will turn into something.

The one with the purple stripes was planned to fit one of three long rectangular frames I have in the living room. We will see if that really happens. Sometimes these pieces end up as something totally different than my original plan.


Tonight I decided to try a teeny tiny little block. It has 9 pieces and finished at just 1.5 inches. If I put 9 different 1.5" blocks together, I will have a 4.5 inch star that will have over 50 pieces in it.

Of course, I must make at least one just to see how difficult it is to do.

I was out of town all weekend (last weekend, too) so I have not been doing much blog visiting. The weather has been quite warm and the road conditions are great for traveling. We take advantage of good winter driving conditions whenever we can and get away for little overnight jaunts. Next weekend I hope to stay home and finally get some time to do nothing.

Last week I was reading an article that said "a perfect storm" topped the list of overused words.

The list is put out each year by the public relations department at Michigan's Lake Superior State University in Sault Ste. Marie.

To quote the article I read:

The contributors gave first prize to the phrase "a perfect storm," saying it was numbingly applied to virtually any notable coincidence.

Is this a common phrase to all of you? I have never heard this phrase!

5 comments:

  1. I have heard the phrase 'perfect storm' but I wouldn't have thought it commonly used...interesting!
    I love all your quilting designs but right now your header displays my favorite.
    Aren't those weekend jaunts so much fun?? I love it when we can get away for a couple of days.
    Happy to see you posting again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the phrase probably became popular after the book and then movie?

    I can't believe you made such tiny blocks! I bought the black swirl fabric in blue. :) After your Joann's post, I checked out their after-Xmas sale and bought a bunch of stuff. They had brocades on sale for $2 a yard! Not sure what I'm doing with it yet, but I couldn't pass up such a deal. I'm working on a log cabin right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty, Yes, we love to take off for a day or so after working all week.

    Chopsticks, I never even knew there was a movie!

    Glad you found some deals at Joannes. Log cabin is my favorite pattern to work with. I like my logs to finish at one inch, so I just cut 1.5 inch strips and keep bags of different colors on hand. I hope you are having fun making yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zoey,
    Glad you've had time for some fun getaways. I've heard of "Perfect Storm" but only as the book or movie. I had no idea it was so overused.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a 'weather guy' around, I have heard it used on 'The Weather Channel' a bunch.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_storm
    You are doing some fabulous quilting there! I have some things to get finished before I can get to sewing. My tree is still up, I have things to mail. It's always something to take me away from my hobbies.
    I wish we would take little trips too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...