Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Good Busy Day

It's 4:30 p.m. and I have been busy every second since 5:30 a.m.

It's been a nice kind of busy, mostly fun sewing with a little cooking and just a tad bit of cleaning thrown in.

Every weekend I make a mental note to work on my hand quilting for a minimum of two hours. It takes about 100 hours for me to hand quilt every king-size quilt I make. So far this weekend I have at least doubled that goal.

I used my dining room table to lay out the quilt so that I could mark my scalloped design.

I use a stencil & a water soluble pen to do this.

Marking all these lines is my second least favorite part of the quilting process (crawling around on the floor adding the batting and backing is my least favorite).

This is what it looks like when I get the pattern transferred. Now I just sew on the blue lines.

The lines will disappear when I wipe a wet cloth over them.

While hand quilting, I watched old 'Simply Quilts', 'Gardener's Journal' and 'Kitty B." episodes I had taped from five years ago.

It was a great way to pass a winter afternoon.

While waiting for the meatloaf and baked potatoes to get done,I decided to open a bottle of wine that a friend gifted me with.


It's a White Zin from a local winery.

It's not very good. My first clue that it would not be was the color red on the cork. White Zinfandel is usually not so dark.

Oh, well, maybe the second glass will taste better. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by how much you get done on the weekends.

    I bet if that 2nd glass doesn't taste any better, the 3rd glass will.

    Carol, May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Carol. I bet you are correct, but I didn't even get to glass #2. Now I am drinking coffee. Yes, I do get a lot done on the weekends. I have to because once I get home from work during the week, I have no desire to do housework. I am definitely a morning person. After 5pm, the most strenous thing I do is read blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very productive...wow! I am impressed! you got so much accomplished.
    You definetly are an early bird. I am in summer time but in winter I do tend to sleep in a little longer.
    I'm with Carol...I think the 3rd glass will taste much better..lol
    I prefer white zinfandel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Zoey, I think it was a picture of you enjoying a glass of wine on your deck while admiring your garden that got me hooked on your blog. :)

    I can't believe you quilt designs. I just do straight lines and even then I take forever!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...