Saturday, April 9, 2005

Denim--New Quilting Direction

I decided to quilt a simple grid on the plain blocks of the jean quilt. Quilting the stars on the pieced blocks is taking way too much time, so I am changing direction midstream (not something I would recommend doing unless you are totally FED UP and feel sure you made the wrong first choice AND you are keeping the finished piece for yourself, so who really cares?). I am just going to outline quilt in all of the light triangles and call it good. If you look closely, you may be able to see this in the bottom block. This will cut the time down to about 20 minutes per block. I have done 4 blocks already this morning. I am much happier with the quilting pace now--I am just not willing to spend over 100 hours quilting this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...