Monday, June 21, 2010

Upper Michigan I-75 5:20 p.m. on a Friday Night

This is rush hour on I-75 in upper MI, about 25 miles from the Canadian border and about 2.5 hours from our home.

This is why we love to take overnight trips to this area. I-75 in lower MI would be bumper-to-bumper traffic. Here it was just us and a UPS driver heading back to the garage to finish his day's work. I am pretty sure of this because we took the same exit and followed him right to the garage where he turned in.

Since I was gone all weekend I did not do any work in the gardens. I just went out to water the container plants and I shrieked when I saw this:


I left my Felcos sitting outside for over a week! It rained a lot last week and now they are full of rust. ARRRGGGGG....I hope the Brillo pad works on this.

Here is a little peek at my red carpet lilies beginning to bloom. Another day or two and they will be strutting their stuff all along this path.

In the path directly across from this one, I have Orange Pixie lilies. They are the same short size as the Red Carpet lilies.

Here is a close up shot:

I need to get more of these short lilies. I really like them planted at the edge of my paths.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes those weekend get aways are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those orange lilies..they define the path in a pretty way:)

    It's good to get away for a bit..and happy for you that you didn't have to battle traffic.

    Oh oh those poor shears and now poor Zoey as she scrubs away on them:( Hope you get them back to their 'shearing power'.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...