Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Iris

This is a good iris year. I never know how many will bloom because I am always moving them. They usually don't bloom the year after being moved.


I think only a few bloomed in this big clump last year.

Here are a few shots taken in different directions from the same iris clump:

Toward the rockwall garden:


Toward the woodland paths:




This big bud


opened into this



I was hoping it would be a blue color because a few years ago I bought a "blue" iris and have never seen it bloom. I think maybe this is the iris. Often what they call "blue" is really purple.

I do love bud shots.


Here is a very old pass-a-long variety whose name I have never known.

I've always admired its brown-toned coloring.

This large pink variety was purchased in a grocery sack full of rhizomes at a garage sale.


All in all I am happy the iris blooms this year.

3 comments:

  1. I love your Iris' they are so pretty...my blooms are long gone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to get more irises in my garden. Right now I have 8 different varieties. About half of which I do not know the names. I am hoping for a great display next year. The peony that I added are doing lovely. I will definitely be adding more of those.

    I like how you have placed these tall irises right next to the paths, rebelling against the "class picture effect". Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you!This wasn't a good year for my irises. Either I need to separate more (which I've done in the past) or the snow bothered them. I have about 15 varieties and only about 7-8 came up.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...