Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Few New Blooms

My Dutch Iris burst into bloom a few days ago.


I lost a lot of these this spring when I dug up grass-infested clumps and tossed them. I like the color and the small size of Dutch Iris.

In another area, I noticed a few spiderwort plants starting to bloom. Spiderwort can get big and messy. I try to keep mine divided so they stay smaller and the clumps don't divide and fall over. I have two colors. This fuchsia color is very bright.

This one is just starting to flower.

Right in front of the chives there is a purple spiderwort. I have tons of those.
Sometimes the planting angel is watching over me and I stick a plant in a spot where the color is simply perfect--like this one.

I was so surprised to see this daylily bloom out near Fergy where the sun does not shine very often.


It's an awfully brighy yellow/gold, but once all my oranges burst forth, it will blend in better. It seems everything is way earlier than normal this year.

Last year I moved this white astilbe from the rockwall. It seems to like it much better here.
I am sure that is because this area gets watered. Astilbe is a water lover. Delicate white plumes should open soon. If you look closely, you will see that there is a little patch of Dutch Iris right behind the astilbe. The white plumes should look nice with the deep purple iris if I am lucky enough to get them to bloom at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. You have lots of pretty pinks and purples. Everything does look great combined together. I just added a Columbine in my 'C' garden-use to be a circle garden, but two bushes died on the right, so it's a 'C' now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to seeing how your garden is doing:-) Such a wonderful burst of colour you have everywhere. One of my Irises is blooming right now and that's the earliest it's ever bloomed so yes, I've noticed as well that the flowers are early this year compared to other years. My lilies are most probably going to open in another week or so, as are my peonies. I wish I had the amount of space you have to grow flowers but then I don't know if I could handle all the work involved like you do! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen fuchsia spiderwort!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...