Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm no Prude, but I Don't Like Seeing Naked Necks


I went to the library today. Then I went to the mall. It was only 9 degrees outside, but I purposely parked far back so I could walk and enjoy being at the mall at 1:00 p.m. on a work day. I can guarantee you that this was the only Monday of the year that I was at the mall at 1:00 p.m. There were people everywhere. I literally bumped into an old school friend in the Walden book store. I was trying to walk and look at books at the same time.

When I got home mid afternoon, I thought I would while away a few hours snuggled up in an afghan, with my big stack of books.

The chair I chose to relax in faces my garland. I rarely sit in this room, so I made sure to turn on the lights so I could enjoy the holiday scene whenever I looked up from my book.

Unfortunately every time I looked up I saw the bare necks of all the reindeer. I've been ignoring them all season because I just didn't have time to do anything about them.

Today I had time, so I hopped up and went to the basement to gather some reindeer neck attire. So much for sitting down with my feet up.

Do you remember when I painted these lily seed pods last summer?
I bet you (nor I) never expected that they would end up on a reindeer's neck!

But they worked nicely with the pine cones I used, and the black color matches the lampshades in the room.

In less than an hour with a pair of scissors, a glue gun and a bag of basement junk, I had all the reindeer necks properly bedecked.
Now maybe I can relax.

2 comments:

  1. Well...you are something! : ) They look great. I am worried about getting the rest of the house tidied up. I'm not one to keep things really straightened up and now it shows. My poor bedroom usually suffers from getting the odds and ends tossed in there. I did clean up my crafting area today before I embarked in more cookie making. I think I am done baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it aweful to be that way? If I sit for a minute and see something needs done I hop right up and do it. Seems the only place I can relax is at the computer! Your reindeer necks look great and I'm glad you no longer have naked reindeer! Jean

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...