Monday, May 30, 2011

Thank You for Your Service to Our Country

Today is the day we thank all veterans for their service to our country.  So many young men and women gave their lives so we could enjoy the freedom we have today. 

I want to extend a special thank you to my husband, who served in the Vietnam War and to my father who is a Korean war veteran. As young teens who knew nothing about Washington and politics,  they both enlisted to serve their country in whatever capacity they were asked to serve.

These are my husband's combat boots from Vietnam:


He was lucky. He came home.  So many others did not. 

Today we remember those who gave their young lives so we could be free. 

Saying "thank you" is hardly enough.

Update 4:49PM: 
I want to add these two pics of my Mom & Dad, who attended memorial ceremonies today and  put a wreath on the Korean war memorial.  Do you see all those white crosses? My Dad and two or three others painted all of them about two weeks ago.

I, as always, was at work. But my sister was off and went to the service and took these pictures.

3 comments:

  1. One can't even imagine what those boots went through except for your husband. I thank him and your father for their service, as well as all the others who sacrificed so much. We don't have Memorial Day here in Canada, instead we have Remembrance Day on November 11th every year. It has the same meaning, though:-) Happy Memorial Day to you and yours, dear Zoey. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoey, writing this post is a great way to say thank you.
    Happy Memorial day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My late father was on a ship during the Korea war. My brothers and husband were too young to serve. I do appreciate all those who went to war including Brian's dad who was in WWII! He's almost 88.
    It was neat to see Mr. Z's combat boots-well worn! Thanks to him and your dad!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...