My newly-purchased potting soil is waiting in the garage...
I had intended to plant them today before they rot in the box. I even called DH from work and had him run out and buy the potting soil. Once planted, I would have to keep them in the garage for another 3 weeks (at least) until it was warm enough to put them on the deck.
Unfortunately when I got home from work today it was in the low 50's, rainy, overcast...not a good day to work outside. So the box of dahlias will have to sit on the garage shelf for another few days.
I did get out yesterday for about an hour after work. I spent half of my time on this little area near the large arbor.
I was happy to see that the hens/chicks survived another year on the big piece of Lake Huron driftwood.
On the opposite side of this area, I have some Bergenia budding out.
Since I had silver-leaved Lamb's Ear on each side of the Bergenia, I thought silver in the center would be good.
Something kept nagging at me that another plant was already in that area. When I got up this morning, I looked through some of my Gardens 2010 files and saw that I had indeed planted a nice hosta in this area.
After work today I snuck out between the raindrops to take a look:
I will wait for a warmer day to do that.
My Weekend Goal was to Make a Bench Pillow - I am happy to report that I accomplished that goal!
3 years ago