Friday, May 20, 2011

I Was Working in the Garden Before 7:00 a.m. This Morning

Time flew by!

I began by removing this bunch of black-eyed Susans (picture is from last year):

I have been wanting to remove them for a couple of years. I find them weedy-looking in this particular garden. 

Here they are on their way to the far end of the same garden where they will look much better.

I replaced them with the Speedwell 'First Love' that I bought a few days ago.
 I also dug up a few big clumps of grape hyacinth and put them near the speedwell.

Speaking of grape hyacinths, I really like them planted among the Lamb's Ear. I planted this area last year. It is the same Lamb's Ear that was underwater for a week.  It's amazing how plants spring right back of such abuse!

I spent over two hours cutting down old foliage and moving grape hyacinths.

Before long the sun was shining and I enjoyed seeing the garden in a different light. Since I work everyday and tend to be gone on weekends, I rarely see my garden at 9:00 a.m. 
I liked the sun shining on the webs in the lavender.  As soon as I finish this post, I will be going out there with a paper towel and scooping them all out.

On my way back out now.......happy gardening!

3 comments:

  1. I love that feeling of finally moving something you've been unhappy with for a while...it always kind of wears on me until it's done...and once it's done you feel like you sort of "set things right"! At least until the next time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoey, by tonight you shall have an aching back..be good to yourself.
    I really love those blues and pinks together and combined with lamb's ear. You've got a good start on your gardening..it's quite sparse here, I'll be sticking with annuals. I know it's more costly but I find annuals easier to care for. Maybe I'm just getting lazy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an early riser! I dug my black eyed susan out, as well. My tastes are changing, I guess...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...