If you hate big orange poppies (I can't believe how many people do), then don't look below. This particular spot is just bursting in brilliant color. It lasts for such a short time (it will be gone by next week).
Beautiful! It reminds me of the scene in 'The Wizard of Oz' when Dorothy and the gang are going through the field of poppies. You may not have that many (but probably have more than the average gardener)and yours are certainly just as striking in appearance. : )
Love em! I've planted some poppy seed, but they won't bloom till next year. And, because I have no idea what the foliage looks like, I can't tell which are weeds and which are poppies. Guess I'll find out next summer.
Kasmira, look for little fuzzy hairs on foliage with jagged edges. The foliage will turn brown and look dead, but don't worry that is normal. I hope you have great success next year!
Welcome crazygramma and thank you all for the kind words.
I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.
I am so glad you stopped by to visit my garden. I garden in lower northern Michigan (zone 5) in far less than ideal conditions. I have too many pine trees, too much shade, too many rocks, herds of hosta-munching deer and rabbits who think my lilly buds are gourmet appetizers. I am by no means an expert in horticulture or garden design--just an amateur with a shovel and a passion. My garden changes daily during the summer and I will be updating frequently.
During the winter months, I blog about my favorite cold-weather hobby--quilting and just my everyday musings.
I hope you enjoy your visit, and that you will come back soon.
FRIDAY THIS AND THAT-BITTERSWEET IN SO MANY WAYS~
-
I LOVE BITTERSWEET!
For my 50th birthday
(don't ask when THAT was
it was a LONG time ago)
my family and friends
threw a huge bash.
My brother, Charlie, ...
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
-
Scalloped potatoes are a great accompaniment to ham or sausage. If you want
it to be a meal in one dish, just cut up left over ham and add to the
potatoes ...
Arrow Rock while camping at MRVSEA grounds
-
We took off for MRVSEA Campgound. Stayed 3 nights. Just some down time.
Love the snap on gas grill. The blacksmith made sausage Patties and butter
gril...
-
No school today....
it warmed up a bit....
so off we went...
just what we all needed....
before the temperatures drop and possible ice...
we went down...
“On that which is well built…”
-
Even though my grandfather David Augustus passed away when I was three
weeks shy of my sixth birthday, I’ve always felt a particularly strong
affinity with...
Time Goes ...
-
Where has the time gone? I cannot believe it has been so long since
my last posting. Life happens though and sometimes you have
other things on your min...
2015 in review
-
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for
this blog. Here’s an excerpt: A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people.
This blog...
The Choices We Make
-
I have often wondered why I have chosen the color orange for several of my
daylilies, but today as I was taking some photos, I realized the orange
tones re...
Safely In the Arms of Jesus
-
Hello all,
My lovely wife Patrica J. Cerasa, lost her fight with ovarian cancer at
12:34 PM yesterday and went safely to the arms of Jesus and all of those ...
Waiting for Dinner
-
More Heron shots from FL. This Heron was standing right at the edge of a
breakwater. He barely moved as I walked past him several times. He was
so inte...
Beautiful! It reminds me of the scene in 'The Wizard of Oz' when Dorothy and the gang are going through the field of poppies. You may not have that many (but probably have more than the average gardener)and yours are certainly just as striking in appearance. : )
ReplyDeleteLove em! I've planted some poppy seed, but they won't bloom till next year. And, because I have no idea what the foliage looks like, I can't tell which are weeds and which are poppies. Guess I'll find out next summer.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! Simply gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteI love all poppies and yours are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteKasmira, look for little fuzzy hairs on foliage with jagged edges. The foliage will turn brown and look dead, but don't worry that is normal. I hope you have great success next year!
ReplyDeleteWelcome crazygramma and thank you all for the kind words.