Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A Dull Day Makes a Girl Want to Play

I had a pretty dull day at work. Three managers are on vacation, so my boss is working afternoons to cover for one of them. I like it much better when he is there. I know that is pretty strange, but after almost 20 years working with him, we have become more like friends. Our offices are adjacent so we spend a lot of time just chatting, joking, etc. It was pretty quiet all alone. I am very fortunate to have a boss that I enjoy.

I had a lot of energy when I got home and spent 4 hours outside. I scraped and painted two benches, gave all the hostas a dose of deer repellent, swept the deck, arranged a few plants, took a scrub brush and bleach and attempted to remove deck stain from concrete (it did not work), moved a heuchra that did not seem to like where I placed it last fall, and moved a few rose campions that had seeded themselves in an inappropriate spot. Since DH is not home, I did not have to cook dinner. I came in at 7:00 p.m. and threw a bag of popcorn in the microwave. When it was done, I doused it with sharp cheddar cheese and closed the bag until it melted. That was dinner and it was delicious! (Brit, wasn’t it you who likes popcorn for dinner?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...