Monday, June 13, 2005

The Challenges Contine

Yesterday I planted two cherry trees and two Royal Purple Smoketree shrubs. Both were planted in the rockwall area in hopes that one day they will be at least 8 – 10 feet tall and hide an unsightly view of a warehouse. The building has always been there, but this year they decided to expand. Little did I know that they were to remove a number of trees which had previously blocked my view of the building. Imagine my surprise when I came home from work last week and there the big yellow building was totally exposed behind my rockwall. I have worked for 15 years to make a “view” outside my window that was somewhat pleasing. I am just sick. In fact I am going to stop writing about it right now because it tends to cause my blood pressure to rise to an unhealthy level.

So far this has been one challenging year in the garden.

I will try to forget about the new problem for now and show you a few pictures of what's currently happening in the other areas of my gardens.

2 comments:

  1. You do the best you can with the 'new' warehouse problem. Sorry they had to cut down trees. Enjoy what you have and your new plantings.
    It's been really warm here and I have been watering every day except today because it looked like it was going to rain and it didn't. Tomorrow will be a scorcher. Better get out there early with the hose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zoey,

    I just found your blog via Lennon's list of blogs. I love it. And I like orange poppies too. :)

    I'll check in on your blog frequently. I'm similiarily garden and textile obsessed.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...