Now that I have so much pink in the area, I am wishing that I had not moved the red daylilies here last year. Ah, well, that's the fun or gardening.........always changing things.
I put the rusty milk can where the aqua can has been all summer.
The rust color goes nicely with the red daylilies and the reddish canna leaves that predominate during August.
Here it is on the deck where I can enjoy its last few days of bloom.
The Lamb's Ear flowers were getting too tall, shooting out in all directions, and beginning to droop.
I cut them down, which really perked up the front of this border.
I am at the point where it is very, very difficult to make these gardens look good!
Some rain would help so that the brown grass surrounding the gardens would return to its dark green color. Nothing brings the garden down like dead grass. We got a bit of rain three days ago, but not enough to do much good.
I have to water the containers every day after work. To do both the deck and garden containers, it takes a good hour of hose dragging. . . hate that! But it must be done, so I am going out now to get it done. Hope you all have a great weekend. I plan to get a lot of minor projects done this weekend.