Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Is This the Epitome of Multi-Tasking?

 I got home from work at 3:20 p.m.  I changed into comfy clothes for hot humid weather (the kind of clothing that I would never ever be seen wearing in public), then watered the deck plants. I think it took about 20 minutes.  Then I checked out a few of the blogs I follow and left a few comments.

As I was doing so, I happened to look down at my chipped toenails and immediately decided I needed to do a quick color change.  I thought dark purple would go with an outfit I want to wear this weekend when I attend an Elvis impersonator show.

 As soon as I was done, I realized that there is no way I can just sit for two hours until the new color dries. I tried to think of what project I could do with wet toenails. I decided to Swiffer the floors.

I just scrubbed them on my hands/knees on Sunday. I thought I would do a quick Swiffer before they got too dirty.  Because, let's be honest here, Swiffer is not really for dirty floors. It works great for the first layer of dirt, but that's about it.

When I wash floors, I use a towel to wipe them down as I go.  It was a bit difficult to move the towel with wet toenails, but I went slowly...left, right, left right, an inch at a time........
and it worked nicely!

If you are thinking there is no dirt that could accumulate in 3 days, think again.........
Granted I did 3 rooms with one wet swiffer thingie, but, as you can see, there was dirt to be removed!

Some people air their dirty laundry, I air my dirty floors!

I am now off to heat up some spaghetti with melted cheddar cheese for dinner (Sissie, I began to crave it after reading your blog!).

Have a great evening,

5 comments:

  1. Okay, let's deal with the toes. If you buy a product called Seche Vite, a clear topcoat(can be ordered online if you can't find it) your toes and nails will be totally dry within minutes!

    My damaged nailpolish was a way of life that I actually took to putting my polish on at work after I had driven the car - until I found this product. I can actually go out and garden minutes after doing my nails and toes.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoey, if that's all the dirt you could muster up, you bring your little tootsies and your swiffer over here! I'll show ya some dirt! (I will also make you dinner, but I used American cheese-so weird!)
    I'll betcha you're a neat freak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with that method of wiping down your floors:) I would have picked up a book and read during that time..I guess that's why you get way more done than I do:)
    Oh boy now I want spaghetti with melted cheddar cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eileen, I will have to check that out. I have never heard of that brand.

    Sissy, You cracked me up with that comment!

    Hi Cher and Deb!

    Betty,
    I have a hard time sitting down to read unless I have everything done that needs doing. That is why I like to read while DH drives.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...