The living room is finally done. I finished these whimsical curtains today. It's the same pattern that I used in the kitchen, but I added about 3 inches to the top because I wanted longer points. I ran to Joanne's when they opened at 10 a.m. and bought 4 yards of this sheer fabric with embroidered flowers on it for the side windows.
The color isn't showing true. The flowers are pink and yellow and there is some green for the stems/leaves. After about two hours of sewing and gluing on the big pastel-colored buttons, this is what I ended up with.
We also got the pictures hung. I dry brushed white on top of the black frames to lighten them up a bit.
I went outside to cut a few allium and heuchra blooms for this little bouquet as I needed to balance the flowers in the head vase.
Last year I bought these two blue plant holders. I found them stored under the house and decided to use them on top of the china cabinet. They are the kind that sit at a slant and it looks like the flowers are spilling out of them.
I think I will put fresh flower bouquets in these and change them out all summer, depending on what is in bloom. I should have shasta daisies in bloom soon and I think they might look nice in these.I made an extra valance section to use on the end of the china cabinet.
Except for the time I spent cleaning paint brushes, I only worked about 30 minutes outside today. I spent the time edging the front of this bed.
DH cooked a great Father's Day burger. I am not big on hamburgers, but I really enjoyed this one. I think the caramelized Vidalias make all the difference.
I hope you all enjoyed the weekend and had a nice Father's Day .
I feel good about accomplishing so much, but I am tired and can't wait to go to bed!
My Weekend Goal was to Make a Bench Pillow - I am happy to report that I accomplished that goal!
2 years ago