Sunday, November 4, 2012

I Must Remember this Date


Today may be the last day that I scrub my floors on my hands and knees. I like clean floors, but I am really tired of  crawling around on my hands and knees to get the job done.  Last year I bought a Swiffer and it works OK for a touch up, but it's not so great for the weekly (weekly-- in a perfect world) deep cleaning.

So this morning I searched for reviews of floor sanitizers and I found that the Haan has a good rating. I had never even heard of this brand, but then I have never looked for this type of product.  I decided to trust the reviews I found and I ordered the latest Haan model.

 It should be here by next weekend.

According to the advertising, the Haan S175 kills 99.9% of germs with no chemicals. You just use tap water and the machine heats it to over 200 degrees and it cleans and sanitizes.  I cannot wait to get it!

After  cleaning my floors the old-fashioned way, I  went outside to walk through the gardens.  It's been a month since I walked this area.  I was startled to see this leaning tree with the bark gone at the bottom.
 I gave it a slight push (wearing my long winter coat that makes my arm look incredibly HUGE).
 It fell to the ground!
Whoaa! I felt like Super woman! :)  I guess it rotted away.  Good riddance is all I can say. 

Yesterday my sweet husband, knowing that I had a pretty bad week,  came home with these pink roses for me. 

Aren't they lovely? I like them in this Mason jar.  They even smell nice.  It's rare to find a rose with a fragrance these days.

I hope you all had a good weekend. I was happy to stay home and get caught up on my household chores.  I hope you did something more interesting!

7 comments:

  1. I used to actually watch those infomercials for the steam floor cleaners--I wanted one so bad.
    I'm a hands/knees floor cleaner too--and my knees are shot. Keep us posted on the new cleaner and how you like it/or don't. I'd gladly invest in something like that if it does the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Super Woman! How nice of your husband to bring you roses.
    I have had a lazy weekend. I needed it.
    Let us know how the new floor cleaner works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoey- Just wait until you get your Zahn! You are going to be amazed (and disgusted)-lol I pre-mopped my floor before using it for the first time and you would not BELIEVE how dirty those pads came up after I used the steamer AFTER mopping. I use mine all the time (different brand)and love it- It is faster than mopping believe it or not. Have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see a post from you. Very pretty roses for a hard working lady.
    I use my feet instead of my knees and hands-after a sponge mop. I have laminate floors in my kitchen so I have to be careful how I clean them-I use water and white vinegar with a touch up of Liquid Gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to have you back Zoey! I like staying home and doing household chores..call me a homebody:)
    Love your roses!
    Let us know how the floor cleaner works once you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too bought a floor scrubber, but I use it mainly on my dining room hard wood. The kitchen is lineloum and it gets way too dirty with the black lab coming in for meals.
    Wish I would have read the review about yours before I bought mine. I have to purchase distilled water for mine.
    You go strong lady, pushing a tree over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful roses...such a sweet hubby...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...