Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mother Nature can be so Cruel



This is what we woke up to this morning.  We had no idea we were going to get over six inches of snow.  As you can see we still have a lot of snow. It looks like it will be quite a few weeks before I will be doing any garden chores.

So I spent my entire Saturday morning in my sewing room completing this lovebird quilt block.  I had tons of problems, but finally got it done about 11:00 a.m.


Then I did a couple loads of laundry, changed the bed linen and cooked a pork roast for dinner.  Quite a delicious dinner, if I do say so myself.  I made some more of those Parmesan cheese baked potatoes that we like so well last month.The meal was easy to prepare and DH loved it. 

While I was in the basement doing laundry, I spotted my painted wooden kitchen utensils and brought them upstairs so I could use them to display pot holders. I just put a wonky outhouse pot holder on the spoon and  set it atop the knobs on the kitchen glassware cabinet.


This wonky house on the fork is my favorite.

The fork is what I like. I like the outhouse potholder better than the house.

Despite Mother Nature's cruelness, I had a pretty good day.

I hope you did, too.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got this much snow. We had flurries all day with just a coating on the garden. I am so sick of this!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your snow..looks like you made the best of it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-that is something else, but like Carole, you have to expect snow for a while. Sometimes we get a surprise snow in April.
    All your photos are so nice-love the icicle one. Sweet lovebirds!
    We had close to 60 degrees, but windy and overcast. We got my vehicle, then to lunch and then food shopping in a little store I found in Delaware. Got my corned beef for $4!
    We also went to church. I got that tickle in my throat back from coughing hard this past week-hopefully the honey drops will help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter may feel cruel but it's so beautiful:)
    I've got to try those potatoes, they look fabulous and I bet they taste even better.
    Cute idea for your wooden utensils.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, Mother Nature can definitely be cruel! lol She isn't done with us either, just heard on the news that we have another snowstorm that will hit tonight. Sigh. Hopefully it won't reach you as well!!

    Such a delightful idea to use those painted wooden utensils with the pot holders and place them on the knobs of your cabinets. Leave it to you to come up with such an idea:-)

    The food you prepare always manages to make me drool!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...