Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I LOVE this Color Scheme

so much so, that I have placed it on my desktop so I can see it every day.
My plan is to get rid of my very-gently-used floral sofas and make this my living room scheme. So far I have the walls and the ceiling color. I have no fireplace, but I can buy a faux gas fireplace in white that will work perfectly for me.  Can't you just imagine this room at Christmas time? -- catch me as I swoon.............

I also LOVE the color of this table.
I have made the background a similar green to my wall color. Do you think the aqua blue works with that grey-green?  Does the aqua blue work with the red living room?  Because my dining room opens right on to my living room--just a white beam separates the two rooms.  I am thinking it's a great complementary color scheme--at the moment it makes my heart sing!

 My plan is to paint my dining room table in this aqua color. I have wanted to paint my table for the past 10 years--original plan was white,but I have waited so long that I have outgrown the white--now I am in love with the aqua.  I think I would enjoy painting the table much more than I like painting walls.

My feeling is that the two work perfectly together--I am planning to do my sewing/computer room in aqua and red--aqua walls,barn  red furniture.

So many plans, so little time.

What do you all think? Am I crazy or do you think this will work?

5 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle a little as I do have a red sofa already! I love the color, but not the lumpy mess of a sofa we own. I wish ours was as firm looking as the one on your desktop.
    You are getting a bit into the Ikea look-clean-about 3 main colors and a bit modern. Have you been to an Ikea? I really like the curtains in the green and red room.
    Aqua is my favorite color-I love it with dark wood and a white accent.
    Sounds like you are having fun decorating which is great!
    Sorry you had to cut back your pretty Mandevilla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I 'love' red and aqua together too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one thing about it if you don't like it....you can repaint....I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be stunning Zoey. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' your ideas, Zoey! I'm drawn to the aqua color too but don't have any in the house. I'm sure it will all be perfect! Jean

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...