Friday, November 21, 2008

A Married Man

I am trying to finish another thick novel - 408 pages.

I am on page 213 and the young widow and the married man have yet to consummate their affair. They did make a valiant attempt in the broom closet but it was thwarted when his sister knocked on the door. I have already guessed that the affair will never be consummated, she will suddenly realize that her current friend is the true love of her life.

My dilemma is whether I should spend more time reading the last 200 pages to see if I am correct or just say enough is enough, return the book and begin Christmas decorating.

Speaking of Christmas, I found these gorgeous plates in a holiday catalog I received this week.



Oh, my I do like them. There are four different designs.

I don't need them. I don't have room for them.

What I do have is a $20 off coupon that will make them pretty reasonably priced. Now if only there was free shipping....I like to get a bargain. :) They had free shipping last week, but I am pretty sure it has ended. I think I will wait a few days to see if they have free shipping. If they do, it will be an omen and I will buy them. Otherwise, no go. I have enough plates!

6 comments:

  1. Pretty soon, you'll have to rent one of those storage garages for all your decorating needs! "-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoey, can you ever really have enough plates? I think we all know the answer to that question! lol! I don't know what to say about the book. Too many pages for me unless it's exceptionally good. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol don't you just hate those type of dilemmas? I'm so much like you, I keep seeing dishes I like but I have absolutely no room for them. It's bad enough I keep bringing home one or two pieces from the auction every week! lol Those plates are gorgeous, though...let us know what you decide! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always say (but don't follow through most times) that if you buy something new, something old has to go. Maybe you have plates that you really don't like anymore? ; )
    I think that's funny about being half through a novel and figuring it out. I do that way too often. I started to read a good book about a month ago and can't seem to find time to read, though it's good...the name...I have to look on my Facebook page...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. QUICK get over to Paper Panache, your table runner is in the completed item page!
    Congratulations!
    Osagebluffquilter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giddy, I really should have done that years ago. I am way over stuffed right now!

    Jean, I don't think you can...but I am a sick woman.......LOL.

    Pea, I have been watching you bring all that stuff home and I've been wondering where you put it all, too! Oh, well, we girls have to have some fun.

    Dianne, That's a great rule....too bad none of us ever follow it! I have the same problem in my clothes closet. :)

    OBQ, Cool! I will have to go there and see if I can find it. Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...