Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Miscellaneous Musings


Today I thought I would just show a few of the stray photos I took during the past two days.

On each side of the deck entrance I have these planters that have tall liatris (blazing star). After the storms this weekend, a few of them toppled over. Don't you just hate when that happens?

I will probably cut them for a bouquet.

On Sunday morning it was so humid that my camera lens immediately filled with condensation when I walked out the door. Hence the hazy hosta picture below.


Here's a crocosmia 'Chopsticks' that fully opened.

This is just the view of my new arbor from the driveway.

The white callas I bought from Walmart this spring are now blooming. They would be great in a bouquet. I hope the bulbs spread for next year. They are planted in a container that I can store for the winter. Callas cannot take the cold winters of N. Michigan.

When I pulled out this very loosely woven jacket to wear today, I was shocked to see that the elbow was all ripped out. Sorry for the blurry picture. I must have moved when I snapped it.

I have no idea how that happened. It's a good thing I get up early. I had plenty of time to cut the sleeves off and rehem them. Instead of long sleeves, I now have short sleeves, which is better for summer anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Love the 'Chopsticks' and the white calla..gorgeous.
    Toppled flowers = great bouquets.
    Well Zoey it seems you are not stuck with a ripped sleeve..I'd be putting it aside as 'another time' project, I like how you just cut and hem and away you go!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...