Monday, May 19, 2008

Cock-A-Doodle-Do

I can't seem to shake my passion for poultry.

I've been buying them since I was about twenty (oh, I guess it's only been a few years--ha, ha).

Today I thought I would show you a few of the roosters/chickens that reside above my kitchen cabinets.





This is a floor rug. I think it might be cute framed and put on the wall.

The only thing I dislike about these farm birds, is cleaning up after them. I climb up and take them all down to wash at least three times a year. I don't like sticky dusty chickens!

5 comments:

  1. You and I share a love of roosters (and a dislike for dusting them!)
    Is the third one down Fitz & Floyd?
    I have two that look quite similar..
    I do Show N Tell posts on some Fridays and maybe I'll make my roosters the subject.
    I really enjoyed seeing yours :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's neat how you have been collecting roosters 'a few years'.
    : )
    One of these days I'll put together the digital collage I have images saved for. My husband hasn't questions why I have all those rooster images in the picture folder-he knows me too well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh-your new header is so pretty and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleaning up after them could be alot worse if you lived on a farm!
    ...nice collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie, No, it's not. She was some promotion at a food store about 20 years ago. She's a cookie jar and I have two of her.

    Dianne, your hubby has learned never to question his wife. Ha ha

    Thanks for the header comment. I took that pic just as the sun was setting.


    LOL, Suzy, you've got a good point there!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...