Saturday, November 25, 2006

Inflatable Holiday Decor


What’s with the recent fad of inflatable holiday decorations?

I just don’t get the warm holiday fuzzies from these things.

Giant Santas, sleighs, elves and snow globes are staked and tethered to the ground. Some people actually like them so much they buy more than one. There were four of the monstrosities flapping in the wind in a yard I passed yesterday. There was no rhyme or reason to their placement. They were just plopped down wherever the owners could find a space big enough.

I mean, really, WHO could possibly want this in their yard?


Ugh! What a waste of electricity.

Bah Humbug!

That’s all I have to say.

8 comments:

  1. LOL you and me both, I feel as you do! I've never cared for these inflatable decorations and would never have one in my yard. There's this one house not far from here...they have every one that's available on the market, even an inflatable manger scene!!! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..Ever notice that everyday they need to be 'puffed up'?

    I mean, really, WHO could possibly want this in their yard?.....
    Guess ppl with a lot of hot air! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate those gaudy things too.
    I've noticed the older I get I like less and less decorations.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll join the club. I can't stand these things they are so ugly. Reminds me of the Griswald family xmas. I think every neighbourhood has at least that one neighbour who has a couple of these going on, with the endless lights (that stay up till April) and a few more lawn ornaments thrown in for good measure. Well as they say, "to each his own". TWT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ones that deflate when not turned on give me the creeps! Gigantic, boneless Santas and Snowmen, draped like slugs over the lawn are not my idea of a Christmas delight either.

    Thanks Zooey!

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous: 'round here they
    stay up year-round.lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. A house not too far away has them for every holiday even St. Patrick's Day. They look funny in the day time all flat in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say I agree with this post 100 percent! At least lights have a purpose at the darkest time of year, so you can forgive the electricity they use. These inflatables are just a big waste.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...